Main tests actually performed on metal, polymer and composites materials and on welded and bonded joints:
- tensile and compression tests;
- determination of the elastic modulus (E) by means of uniaxial strain gauge;
- three and four-point bending tests;
- fatigue tests.
through mechanical testing hydraulic machine (load cells: 5 kN and 50 kN, maximum stroke 150 mm, maximum size of the specimen 1500 mm).
- hardness tests (Vickers microhardness test and Vickers and Rockwell Hardness tests);
- metallographic samples preparation;
- micrographic / macrographic analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous materials;
- determination of the chemical composition of metal alloys;
- surface roughness measurements;
- painted surface analysis (thickness, adhesion);
- artificial ageing tests in climatic chamber (temperature and humidity control);
- salt spray tests;
- UV ageing tests.
Other equipment available:
- vacuum machine, for silicone moulds realization (rapid tooling).