The characterization of polymeric materials and polymer matrix composite is carried out by means of:
- literature research through publication databases and European and American standards;
- mechanical characterization tests (tensile, compression, bending, fatigue);
- determination of surface roughness;
- analysis of the behaviour at different ageing cycles, both in temperature and humidity and UV-ray exposure.
- resistance to various chemical products.
Once evaluated the main characteristics of the material, the choice of the most suitable to the specific application is performed, assessing also economic and availability aspects.